Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Who?
    His name should be treated like *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

His name should be treated like *******.
      Once a Shocker always a Shocker.

Even if you are a 280 pound lazy, whiny baby that won't show up to run with FVV on the stadium stairs to get in shape for the program, and then blaming others for your own laziness and inability to have a meaningful pro career.

Now I'm not saying Shaq was any of that; it was a _hypothetical_ 280 pound lazy, whiny baby I was talkin' 'bout.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Once a Shocker always a Shocker.

Even if you are a 280 pound lazy, whiny baby that won't show up to run with FVV on the stadium stairs to get in shape for the program, and then blaming others for your own laziness and inability to have a meaningful pro career.

Now I'm not saying Shaq was any of that; it was a _hypothetical_ 280 pound lazy, whiny baby I was talkin' 'bout.
        I couldn't disagree more... I will never consider him a Shocker again since he basically single handedly started the downfall of this program

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I couldn't disagree more... I will never consider him a Shocker again since he basically single handedly started the downfall of this program
          I mean if someone feels like they are a victim they absolutely should be able to say something. Then it's up to the adults in the room to sort it out and get to the bottom of what really happened. I think the problem in this situation were the adults in the room -- how they handled problems in the past, how they handled the current accusation, how they handled the media, how they handled the politics of the moment. Or more to the point how they DIDN'T handle any of those things.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            There have been players who would have been redshirted if not for our obvious lack of depth at a certain position. Stutz immediately comes to mind.

Ricks came in behind Tyson, Dexter, Ricky and Chauncey, so minutes would have likely been few for him. I really want to see him on the floor next year. With Abbide it's hard to tell. Coming in he would have been behind Mo, Kenny, McFarlane and Pleasant. When McFarlane left I thought he'd get some minutes. Hopefully he is cashing in on his upside.
            if you can't push Joe Pleasant..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I think you missed his sarcasm.

Comment

• I am loathe to bag on a player who is hustling and trying, and I think Joe does...but WAS HE TWO TIME 1ST TEAM ALL SOUTHLAND? If so, how?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  I am loathe to bag on a player who is hustling and trying, and I think Joe does...but WAS HE TWO TIME 1ST TEAM ALL SOUTHLAND? If so, how?
                  Not on the basketball court.

From https://acusports.com/sports/mens-ba...-pleasant/8389

Honors
                  • Second Team All-Conference (2019-20)
                  • First Team All-Academic (2019-20)
                  • Southland Comissioner's Honor Roll

From https://goshockers.com/sports/mens-b...-pleasant/6193

AT ABILENE CHRISTIAN:
                  Helped lead ACU to 20-plus wins in each of his three seasons, including a pair of NCAA tournament appearances (2019, 2021)… Earned second team all-conference status in 2020-21 when he averaged 10.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in 23.6 minutes-per-game for a team that finished 24-5, won the Southland tournament title and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament… Sank two free throws with 1.2 second remaining to give ACU a 52-51 upset of third-seeded Texas… Twice earned first team academic all-conference honors for his achievements in the classroom and on the court.

HIGH SCHOOL:
                  Won back-to-back Kansas Class 6A state titles over his last two years at Blue Valley Northwest High School. Both state tournaments took place at WSU’s Charles Koch Arena… Consensus All-Class 6A selection as a senior in 2018… First Team All-State (all classes), per the Wichita Eagle… Sports in Kansas Class 6A Player of the Year… American Family Insurance All-USA Kansas Team... Nominated for the Best of Kansas Peeps Award... A two-year captain and four-year starter for Coach Ed Fritz.... Member of the National Honor Society... National Student Leadership Nominee.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    If we can keep Craig Porter, Ricky Council, Kenny Pohto, and the redshirts I think we will be in a position to be competitive next season.
                    If good bigs are added, I agree. If not we're hosed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If good bigs are added, I agree. If not we're hosed.
                      Need a backup PG and a shooting guard too

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Honors

AT ABILENE CHRISTIAN:
                        Helped lead ACU to 20-plus wins in each of his three seasons, including a pair of NCAA tournament appearances (2019, 2021)… Earned second team all-conference status in 2020-21 when he averaged 10.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in 23.6 minutes-per-game for a team that finished 24-5, won the Southland tournament title and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament… Sank two free throws with 1.2 second remaining to give ACU a 52-51 upset of third-seeded Texas… Twice earned first team academic all-conference honors for his achievements in the classroom and on the court.

HIGH SCHOOL:
                        Won back-to-back Kansas Class 6A state titles over his last two years at Blue Valley Northwest High School. Both state tournaments took place at WSU’s Charles Koch Arena… Consensus All-Class 6A selection as a senior in 2018… First Team All-State (all classes), per the Wichita Eagle… Sports in Kansas Class 6A Player of the Year… American Family Insurance All-USA Kansas Team... Nominated for the Best of Kansas Peeps Award... A two-year captain and four-year starter for Coach Ed Fritz.... Member of the National Honor Society... National Student Leadership Nominee.
                        Maybe he was recruited to help with the APR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Honors

AT ABILENE CHRISTIAN:

HIGH SCHOOL:
                          JP did play well against Texas in the tournament. I watched the game again and he led the team with 11 points and 8 rebounds. He also played good defense on the those big Texas guys. The difference is ACU played up tempo all game long. Their help defense was awesome and they had 11 steals and turned Texas over 23 times. Their offense was real fast and not very good. JP is just not as good in a slow deliberate offense like we run. Whoever recruited him needed to understand the playing style differences between ACU and WSU.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Maybe he was recruited to help with the APR.
                            lol - given Brown and Boatright both have incentives in their contracts regarding GPA I wouldn't be surprised.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

JP did play well against Texas in the tournament. I watched the game again and he led the team with 11 points and 8 rebounds. He also played good defense on the those big Texas guys. The difference is ACU played up tempo all game long. Their help defense was awesome and they had 11 steals and turned Texas over 23 times. Their offense was real fast and not very good. JP is just not as good in a slow deliberate offense like we run. Whoever recruited him needed to understand the playing style differences between ACU and WSU.
                              But IB said we were a running team
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

But IB said we were a running team
                                He must not watch game film

Comment

Working...
                                X